The Taylor Grady House is a historic building, located at 634 Prince Avenue in Athens, Georgia. The house was the boyhood home of Henry Woodfin Grady – a famous American journalist and orator. The house was built by a planter and cotton merchant General Robert Taylor in 1843, when he moved from Savannah to Athens. In 1863, Major William S. Grady, the father of Henry Grady, bought the home, and Henry W. Grady lived here from 1865 to 1868. The house was later purchased by the city of Athens and leased it to the Athens Junior Assembly in 1968. The Junior Assembly restored the house and furnished it with period pieces. A Greek revival masterpiece, the house is a two-story mansion, built on a central plan. The front entrance is accented by triple-sash windows and the corners are ornamented by plasters. One of the most striking features are the 13 monumental and fluted Greek Doric columns, which wrap the facade and front rooms of the house. Doorways with pilasters and wooden transom panels, original plaster ceiling medallions, and marble fireplaces with carved and gilded panels, are other noteworthy features. The house is on the National Register of Historic Places and is locally regarded as a Historic Landmark. Presently, the house is owned and operated by the Junior League of Athens. It serves as a museum on weekdays and is available for weddings, receptions, dinners, and special events.