About Quizzes

Farm House Museum

The Farm House Museum is located at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. It is a three-storyed house with 14 rooms. Opened in 1860, the house was the first building on the Iowa State campus. The house was the home of the first two presidents of Iowa State (Adonijah S. Welch and Seaman Knapp), and James Wilson (Tama Jim), Secretary of Agriculture. Many College and university faculty members lived here from 1860 to 1970. The Farm House Museum now serves the university community and visitors from around the world. It exhibits 19th- and early-20th-century decorative arts, furnishings and memorabilia of Iowa State and the state of Iowa. The museum also conducts educational programs, tours, and activities that focus on the first 50 years of Iowa State history