Texas Christian University, or TCU, is an independent, self-governing university, located five miles from downtown Fort Worth, Texas. Texas Christian began its services as the Addran Male and Female Academy in September 1873, by Addison Clark and his brother Randolph – two former Confederate officers. Opening with a student body of 13, it was housed in a commodious building in Thorp Springs, Texas. It was the first co-educational institution in the Southwest and gained a charter from the state of Texas in its first year. In 1889, the college, under the auspices of Brotherhood of the Christian Church, became AddRan Christian University. For the next few years, the university underwent financial difficulty, which resulted in its move to Waco, in 1896. The Board of Trustees, in 1902, appointed a new president to replace Addison, and the college adopted the name Texas Christian University. One of its schools was named AddRan College of Humanities & Social Sciences - to honor the founding brothers. After a massive fire attack in Waco, the university was forced to relocate to its present location, in 1910. Presently, TCU is comprised of AddRan College of Humanities & Social Sciences, the Brite Divinity School, the M.J. Neeley School of Business, College of Communication, School of Education, College of Fine Arts, College of Health & Human Sciences, and the College of Science & Engineering. The university’s Institute of Behavioral Research is among the top-three drug-related research institutes in the world. TCU offers 98 undergraduate majors and 20 graduate degrees in 59 areas, including six doctoral fields of study. Intensive English Program, honors program, graduate studies, Trio programs, and online courses are also offered. The university is situated on 260 acres, about 25 miles from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The TCU Library contains more than 1,900,000 items, while the Oscar E. Monnig Meteorite Gallery displays a fabulous collection of 1,000 different meteorites. Veterans Plaza, a memorial to respect the students and faculty who served in World War I or World War II, is also located on campus.