The University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES), a part of University System of Maryland (USMD), is located in Princess Anne, Maryland. A historically Black Land Grant University, UMES strives to provide high-quality education for its diverse body of students. It mainly concentrates on baccalaureate programs, with special focus on liberal arts and sciences. The University of Maryland Eastern Shore is approved by the State of Maryland, and fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In September 1886, UMES marked its beginning as Delaware Conference Academy, through the offices of the Delaware Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church. It was later named Industrial Branch of Morgan State College, and then Princess Anne Academy. In 1919, the State of Maryland took over the control of the Academy and renamed it Eastern Shore Branch of the Maryland Agricultural College, with an aim to provide a Land-Grant program for African-Americans. Popularly called Princess Anne College, the agricultural college officially changed to Maryland State College - a Division of the University of Maryland. Finally, in July 1970, with the support of the Maryland Board of Regents, it became the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. UMES is the only four-year institution on the shore to offer undergraduate and graduate degree in computer science. It delivers bachelor's degrees in 29 areas, 11 master’s degrees, six doctoral degrees, 13 teaching degree programs, and eight pre-professional programs. An honors program is conferred in association with the University of Maryland at Baltimore. Doctoral programs in toxicology and marine-estuarine- environmental sciences are also available. The university is comprised of five academic units - the schools of Agriculture and Natural Sciences, Arts and Professions, Business and Technology, Health Professions, and Graduate Studies. The sprawling 600-acre campus is dotted with 28 major buildings and 41 other units. The Frederick Douglass Library is a complete information resource for students and faculty. Built in 1733, the Richard A. Henson Center has a 4,200 square-foot meeting space and spacious guest rooms. The university plays an active role as a community outreach provider, including a special education program, called Elderhostel, which is organized for area senior adults. In addition, the university choir hosts frequent public concerts. Daily child care and summer camps are also conducted under the outrech program.