University of Scranton
Start Your Visit WithHistorical Timelines
General Interest Maps
University of Scranton is a comprehensive, co-educational institution, with a strong liberal arts foundation. A member institution of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, it has been recognized by several national publications such as US News and World Report.
Founded in 1888 as Saint Thomas Aquinas College by Bishop William OíHara, it received university status in 1938 and came under the administration of the Society of Jesus in 1942.
The university is accredited by 13 different agencies including nationís most prestigious bodies. Academic divisions include the College of Arts and Sciences, the Dexter Hanley College, the Graduate School, the Kania School of Management, and the Panuska College of Professional Studies.
Chartered under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the university is empowered to confer bachelorís and masterís degrees in Arts, Business Administration, Education, Health Administration, and Sciences. It also offers research services, apart from a wide range of honors and special programs.
Situated on a 58 acre campus in Scranton, Pennsylvania the university features Loyola Hall of Science, the Gunster Memorial Student Center, and St Thomas Hall with a small chapel. Further, the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Memorial Library on campus has a collection of more than 450,000 volumes.
the "Scranton Commission") The Scranton Commission was appointed by Nixon and led by former governor of Pennsylvania William Scranton. This 9 member panel held hearings and looked into the events at both Kent State and Jackson State.
Community Medical Center Healthcare System of Scranton, PA Targets Deployment of MediMAR Solutions
The Ronald McDonald House of Scranton is located only a block from the hospital. About Mediware Mediware delivers powerful software solutions that reinforce patient safety practices and improve efficiencies to lower costs. Mediware targets three ...
Scranton - KS-Cyclopedia - 1912
R., 14 miles northwest of Lyndon, the county seat. It has a weekly newspaper (the Gazette), banking facilities, all lines of mercantile enterprise, good schools and churches. The chief occupations of the people are coal mining and agriculture ...