Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is based in Saint Louis, Missouri. It is the largest hospital in the state and the largest private employer in the Saint Louis region. A member of BJC Healthcare, the hospital primarily serves as a teaching hospital of Washington University’s School of Medicine. One of the top hospitals in the nation, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was formed by merging two nearby hospitals, Barnes and Jewish, in 1996. Jewish Hospital opened its doors on Delmar Road in 1912, and the Barnes opened on Kingshighway Road in 1914. In 1927, Jewish moved to its present location, which is two blocks from the Barnes. Barnes-Jewish, the only Honor Roll hospital within 500 miles, is home to 15 nationally recognized specialties, including cancer, digestive disorders, eyes, geriatrics, gynecology, heart surgery, hormonal disorders, kidney disease, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, psychiatry, respiratory disorders, rheumatology, urology, and ear, nose and throat. The Siteman Cancer Center is the only National Cancer Institute designated a Comprehensive Cancer Center in the state and the surrounding five states. The trauma center is identified as the only American College of Surgeons-verified level-one center of its kind in the region. The hospital conducts more than 160 community events and programs yearly. Awareness programs are available for victims of domestic violence. A mobile mammography van visits local markets and other area businesses to enhance the convenience and availability of mammography screenings. The Barnes-Jewish Hospital College of Nursing and Allied Health is a pioneer in nursing education and allied health programs, which are fully accredited. Further, Barnes-Jewish is recognized as the first adult hospital in the state with the certification, "Magnet Hospital," by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for its excellent nursing care.