Wheeler/Stallard House Museum, also known as Aspen Historical Society Museum, is housed in the Aspen Historical Society, at 620 West Bleeker Street, in Aspen, Colorado. It was the erstwhile home of silver baron Jerome B. Wheeler. Built in 1888, this restored three-story Queen Anne-style Wheeler-Stallard House now houses the Aspen Historical Society Museum. Wheeler/Stallard House Museum exhibits artifacts and photographs from Aspen’s silver mining roots, ranching in the Roaring Fork Valley, the birth of a ski town, and the renaissance that has established Aspen as a cultural center. The museum exhibits Aspen's modern history, from silver-mining boomtown of the 1800s to the well-groomed cultural, sports, and snow center it is today. With historic artifacts, video, audio, and interactive presentations, the newly added Spirit of Aspen Exhibit focuses thematically on the character and spirit of the community throughout its history. Although this building was meant to be the home of Jerome B. Wheeler, his family members did not move in, owing to his wife’s refusal to leave their mansion in Manitou Springs, Colorado. Later, in 1905, Edgar and Mary Ella Stallard moved into the house and bought the home in 1917. Stallard family lived here for forty years. Wheeler-Stallard House last served as the residence of the Aspen Institute's president. The Aspen Historical Society purchased the house in 1969.