Freeborn County Historical Museum is located at 1031 Bridge Street, in Albert Lea, Minnesota. It is an eclectic mix of ordinary buildings and replicas which represent 19th-century life in Freeborn County.
The Freeborn County Historical Museum complex contains 14 restored buildings including a one-room schoolhouse, sheriff’s office and jail, a general store, post office, train depot, blacksmith shop, bank, and other structures complete with period furnishings and equipment.
The Livedalen Log Cabin in the historic village is considered as the first log house built in Freeborn County, in 1853. The cabin is entirely furnished with an upper level sleeping area. The village church, which dates back to 1872, is used for weddings, reunions, and church services.
The museum conducts school tours, group tours, and group presentations. Group presentations are arranged anytime of the year. The museum has a store where students can buy a wide variety of things including books, rabbit furs, T-shirts, and traditional candies of the time.