Altoona Hospital was founded as a 30-bed facility in January 1886. Bon Secours Hospital, the former Mercy Regional Health System, opened its doors in July 1910. Later, in November 2004, the two hospitals and more than 20 health system-affiliated companies united to form the Altoona Regional Health System. Among the services include Behavioral Health, Birth & Growth, Cancer Care, Cardiac Care, Emergency Medicine and Trauma, Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine/Respiratory Care, Pediatrics, Women's Health & Wellness, Nephrology/Dialysis, and Occupational Medicine. In addition, rehabilitation, surgical, nutritional, and medical outpatient services are provided. The School of Medical Technology at the Altoona Hospital Campus, offers a Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology (Clinical Laboratory Science). Accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), the school is affiliated with nine institutions of higher education. For a healthy lifestyle, Altoona Regional operates a Healthy Living Club which features a variety of educational programs, screening, and wellness services. Necessary guidance to the patients is provided by the case manager/social worker. The Glover Memorial Library at Altoona Hospital Campus, provides comprehensive information for the patients. Altoona Regional Health System has hospice suites for inpatients. Facilities such as waiting rooms, non-patient areas, elevator lobbies, cafeteria and vending services, and gift shop are also available.