Forrest Junior College is a private institution, located at 601 E. River Street, in Anderson, South Carolina. Founded in 1946 by Mr. R.C. Carr, the college was then known as the Carolina School of Commerce and was located on East Benson Street. In 1951, Mr. Charles M. Forrest purchased the facility and the college moved to its present site in 1963. Later, in 1985, John Re, Ph.D., and Charles Palmer Jr., M.Ed., purchased the college and changed its name to Forrest Junior College. Forrest Junior College is a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and is recognized by the South Carolina Department of Health Education Council (DHEC). It is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Further, it is an official sponsor of candidates for the Nurse Aide Certification Examination. Forrest Junior College provides initial training and skills enhancement through a two-year associate degree with nine areas of specialization. Prominent among the associate degree programs is the Business Administration program, which prepares the student for an entry-level position in the business world. After the successful completion of the program, the student is awarded the Associate in Applied Science Degree in Business Administration. Diploma programs in Bookkeeping and Phlebotomy are also offered. Academic and personal guidance, childcare service, and job placement assistance are the services offered, among many others. The college library has a comprehensive collection of curriculum-related books and materials. In addition, it is a member in the Library Information Resource Network.