Chemeketa Community College
Start Your Visit WithHistorical Timelines
General Interest Maps
Chemeketa Community College was named in 1969 by the Salem, Oregon, Board of Education. The name Chemeketa means “a place of peace.”
Before there was a college, the institute was Salem Technical-Vocational School, operated by Salem Public Schools. Salem Tech's first full-time classes were held in an old elementary school. The Practical Nursing and Electronics Engineering Technician programs were developed in 1957.
In 1964, Salem Tech moved to its present site on Lancaster Drive, where a one-story brick building, a machine and welding shop, and a number of temporary buildings comprised the campus. The name of the school was changed to Salem Technical Vocational Community College in 1965.
In the early 60s, a group of citizens from throughout the mid-Willamette Valley spearheaded a movement to transform Salem Tech into a comprehensive community college that would serve the area. Chemeketa Community College is the result of that effort. Chemeketa is the second largest community college in Oregon.
College of Charleston: Visitors and the Community
... Services Community Outreach Continuing Education Cougar Club Giving to the College List Available Rental Properties Libraries, Research Centers & Museums Avery Research Center Grice Marine Laboratory Halsey Gallery John Rivers ...
Instructions for Wyoming Local Governments: COMMUNITY COLLEGES
... Community Colleges Please follow link at the bottom of this page to Community Colleges schedules LEGAL AUTHORITY Wyoming Statutes 9-2-410 states: "All public records are the property of the state. They shall be delivered by outgoing officials ...
Bike Route Tours Community Centers Demographics Education Hospitals Housing and Development Libraries Moving to Memphis Multi-Cultural and Religious Affairs Neighborhood Programs Nonprofit / Service Organizations Park Services Public ...