The following is a representative sample of original types, names and general locations of tribes in the southwest region of North America. All told, approximately 30 native societies live in the region, mostly on reservations and in pueblos.
- Hopi (Northern)
- Pueblo (Northern)
- Zuni (Northern)
- Mojave (Colorado River)
- Pima (Central/Southern Arizona)
- Yaqui (Central/Southern Arizona)
- Yuma, Cocopah and Maricopa (Colorado River)
- Apache (Northern)
- Navajo, later pastoral (Northern)
- Papago (Central/Southern Arizona)
See Southwest Culture .
See also Indian Wars Time Table .