The University of Redlands is a private, liberal arts and sciences university located in Redlands, California. It is a spirited academic community of diverse students and teacher/scholars. The University of Redlands is ranked among the best universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Students at the university can study in one of the three schools: the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Education, and the School of Business. The College of Arts and Sciences is a residential college which offers undergraduate and graduate programs, including the Johnston Center for Integrative Studies. The college serves around 2,400 students currently and has 144 full-time faculty members. The School of Education, founded in 1924, offers convenient programs for working adults. The school’s programs are part-time and student-centered. The college currently serves around 400 students with 17 full-time professors and 30 adjunct professors. The School of Business offers the teaching credential and graduate programs for students with bachelor's degrees. The college currently serves around 1,500 full-time students and a small number of part-time students. Classes are conducted by 23 full-time and 187 adjunct professors. The School of Business classes are held at the main Redlands campus as well as satellite locations in Orange County, Riverside, Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario, Los Angeles County, and San Diego County. Founded on November 25, 1907, the University of Redlands was associated with the American Baptist Church. The land for the university was donated by banker and Baptist layman Karl C. Wells. The first 59 students were admitted in September 1909. Until 1972, the university maintained its religious orientation and required mandatory chapel attendance of all students. The University of Redlands is now an independent institution, but still maintains an informal relationship with the church. The academic programs which constitute the beginnings of the university are now considered the College of Arts and Sciences. The Johnston Center for Integrative Studies was established as an independent institution, Johnston College for Individualized Learning, in 1969. It later became a center within the College of Arts and Sciences in 1979. The Alfred North Whitehead College for Lifelong Learning (also known as Whitehead College) was established as the Alfred North Whitehead College of Liberal and Career Studies, in 1976. The college became a center in 1979, and was later restored to its original status in 1995. In 2000, the School of Education was separated from Whitehead College, which was followed suit by the School of Business in the next year. Now, the Whitehead name is only used in historical and ceremonial contexts. Armacost Library, the university’s main library, is a gateway to information for students, faculty, and staff, on campus or online. The library offers remote services to off-campus students, including those in the School of Education and School of Business.