Bethel University

Start Your Visit With

Historical Timelines
Chronological Eras
Information Tables
General Interest Maps
Glossary
History Quizzes
nav

Travel and History Blog


Follow OregonCoastMag on Twitter

Share

Bethel University is located on a 231-acre lakeside campus in Arden Hills, Minnesota, a suburb of St. Paul.

As a leading Christian university, Bethel University strives to equip women and men to live out biblical truths and advance the gospel. It is affiliated and sponsored by the churches of the Baptist General Conference.

Bethel University began its existence as a seminary for Swedish immgrants, in 1871. Later, it continued to play the roles of institute, academy, junior college, and most recently, the Bethel College & Seminary.

During the summer of 2004, the institution changed its name to Bethel University.

A member of the Christian College Consortium, the university offers undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs in nearly 100 fields.

The academic work is granted through its five schools - College of Arts & Sciences, College of Adult & Professional Studies, School for Executive Leadership, Graduate School, and Bethel Seminary.

BU’s Department of Atheletics is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAC). The university’s sports team is called the Royals.

The Bethel University Library maintains a complete collection of course-related materials, while the Bethel Seminary Library has comprehensive information resources for its student population.

Two art libraries are provided as well, at the College of Arts & Sciences - ranked among the top Midwestern Universities by the U.S. News & World Report.

Excellent Christian-based child care facilities are available at Bethel University’s Child Development Center, located within the main campus, and the King Family Foundation Child Development Center, at the Frogtown/Summit-U. neighborhood of St. Paul.

Off-site search results for "Bethel University"...

BETHEL
29 north, then the Oak Leaf Cemetery on Sec. 4, followed by East Bethel Cemetery on Sec. 22, and last the Friedsberg Cemetery on Sec. 26 north.   May 7, 1958 the Fire Department was organized and Galen Barron became the first Fire Chief.  The ...
http://www.ac-hs.org/bethel.htm

Excerpt from: Cuba: A Short History, Edited by Leslie Bethell, Cambridge University Press
... from the Cambridge History of Latin AmericaEdited by Leslie Bethell, Cambridge University Pressfrom chapter 2, page 29 A man of deep democratic conviction, Martí appealed to Cubans of all races and classes to fight for an economically and ...
http://www.historyofcuba.com/history/beth2.htm

East Bethel
East Bethel     East Bethel started out as the township of Bethel and remained rural until the 1950's.  The first settlers were Quakers who settled in the northern part of town.  Rice Price and O. Evans discovered the area in the fall of 1855 ...
http://www.ac-hs.org/Eastbethel.htm