Opening in 1946, in a local high school building, Odessa college initially had classes only in late afternoons and evenings. Later, a five-acre plot on Andrews Highway was purchased by Ector County taxpayers, and in 1946, the Baskin Hall building was authorized as the first permanent structure. By the 1960s, the college had 15 buildings on its expanded 35-acre campus. Today, it has grown into a prominent institution with 25 buildings on an 80-acre campus. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the institution offers associate degrees in 48 areas of study and certificate programs in 25 areas. Some of the associate programs include agriculture, biological and biomedical sciences, business, education, liberal arts and sciences, visual and performing arts, and physical sciences. In addition to academics, the college provides extension courses and adult basic education courses in eight towns, as well as concurrent classes in seven area high schools. Odessa College Continuing Education is a National Center for Construction Education and Research(NCCER)-accredited assessment and training center. The Sports Center, with more than 110,000 square feet of floor space, hosts athletics, physical education, and community recreation activities. The college also is home to public radio station KOCV-FM. The Murry H. Fly Learning Resources Center provides instructional support, services, and resources for the betterment of its students. The American Legion baseball stadium, the Globe Theatre, and the Tennis Center are among the other facilities on campus. Housing options are provided at Wrangler Hall, Parker-Down, and Century Commons, which are located on the south side of the college.