Lava Hot Springs
Start Your Visit WithHistorical Timelines
General Interest Maps
Lava Hot Springs and the Portneuf River was deeded to the state of Idaho in 1902 to provide a health and recreation facility. The state built a natatorium in 1918 and now oversees operation of the swimming pools and hot baths through the Lava Hot Springs Foundation. The foundation is an agency that acts within the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation.
The springs are often referred to as “the healing waters,” because many people believe the springs have curative properties. The springs have been a gathering place for many years for a place to rest, worship, and bathe. It is rumored that long ago the springs were neutral ground and shared in peace by all.
The springs and land were part of a treaty between local Native Americans and the federal government in the late 1800s. The government purchased the springs and land, amounting to approximately 178 acres.
HOT SPRINGS COUNTY
... District Court Hot Springs County Extension Service Hot Springs County Fair Hot Springs County Justice of the Peace Hot Springs County Schools Hot Springs County Sheriff Hot Springs County Superintendent of Schools Hot Springs County ...
Oregon Trail in Idaho--Givens Hot Springs
... Walter's Ferry and Marsing Must See: Givens Hot Springs Resort Givens Hot Springs sign and parking lot, 1999 Current Observations/Journal Entry: "Givens Hot Springs, once a stop on the Oregon Trail, is now a stop on Hwy 78 for those waiting ...
National Hot Rod Association Spring Nationals
... National Hot Rod Association Spring Nationals National Hot Rod Association Spring Nationals Related EntriesNational Trail RacewayOhio p>In 1963, Carl Rader, Sr., constructed National Trail Raceway, a one-quarter mile long drag racing track ...