Hot Springs Mountain Tower is a 216-foot observation station with two viewing levels, situated atop the Hot Springs Mountain, in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas. From its top balcony, one will catch a sweeping panorama, encompassing 140 miles of beautiful Hot Springs, the Ouachita Mountains and the surrounding Diamond Lakes area. The Tower is the ‘highest’ landmark in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
The present day Hot Springs Mountain Tower opened its doors to the public in 1983. The tower was built to replace its predecessor, the 165-foot Rix Tower, which served tourists for over 60 years. But the Rix Tower itself was second in the line; the first observatory tower in Hot Springs, which was 77 foot high, was built in 1877 by Enoch Woolman.