Mill Hill Historic Park and Museum
Start Your Visit WithHistorical Timelines
General Interest Maps
Mill Hill Historic Park and Museum is located on East Wall Street in Norwalk, Connecticut. It is an 18th-19th century complex managed by the Norwalk Historical Society. The complex includes three old buildings: Town House, the Little Red Schoolhouse, and the Governor Thomas Fitch Law Office, as well as one of the oldest cemeteries in Norwalk.
Built in 1835, Town House is a brick building that serves as the main display area. Replicas of items traded by the colonist Roger Ludlow to the Indians, the original door from the Yankee Doodle House of Colonel Fitch, an early American fire truck, and a variety of antique spinning wheels are displayed here.
The Little Red Schoolhouse is another historic building built in 1826. The blackboard in the schoolhouse was made of an early style of wood boards.
The Governor Thomas Fitch Law Office was built in 1740. A name plate representing the building as law office is at the front door.
The park and museum accept donations from visitors. Parking is available up the short driveway.
Watson Mill State Park
... Watson Mill State Park has a small camping area with RV sites, the mill pond and picnic shelters available for renting.LinksLooking for more information?Watson Mill State ParkMap of the park Directions:Take Highway 72 three miles east of ...
Benjamin Banneker Historical Park & Museum
For a look at Banneker's amazing life, visit the Benjamin Banneker Historical Park & Museum in Ellicott, City, Maryland. page 1 of 1 About Local Legacies Library Of Congress | Legal Notices | Privacy | Site Map | Contact Us ...
Hope Lodge and Mather Mill Museum Shop
Friends of Hope Lodge and Mather Mill who present an active membership card will receive a 10% discount on all purchases. Cash and checks only. No credit cards. Listed below are some items available in the Museum Shop. Stop by to see the full ...