Lipscomb University is a private, co-educational university of liberal arts and sciences affiliated with the Church of Christ.
Located in a quiet residential area of Nashville, Tennessee, it has an attractive campus characterized by traditional colonial-style architecture. The university mainly delivers a distinctively Christ-centered, biblically based education.
Lipscomb University began its heritage of academic excellence in 1891. Its co-founders, David Lipscomb and James A. Harding, started the Nashville Bible School in October 1891, with a mission to integrate Christian faith and practice with academic excellence.
The name of the school was changed to David Lipscomb College in Mr. Lipscomb's honor in 1918, following his death in the previous year.
It served as a junior college until graduating its first senior college class, in 1948. The institution received its first accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, in 1954. By the end of 1990, the institution was renamed Lipscomb University.
Lipscomb's academic program is organized into five colleges: the College of Arts and Humanities, including the School of Fine and Performing Arts, College of Bible and Ministry, College of Business, College of Education and Professional Studies, and the College of Mathematics and Sciences.
More than 2,500 students from more than 40 nations are enrolled at the university and choose from among more than 100 major areas of study leading to bachelorís degrees or master's degree programs in biblical studies, business administration, and education.
Off-site search results for "Lipscomb University"...
The Political Graveyard: Lipscomb County, Tex.
County seat: Lipscomb Capital Impact: Lipscomb County -- officials, addresses, and political, economic, education data Fedstats/Mapstats: Lipscomb County -- data on agriculture, population, immigration, business, crime, environment Lipscomb ...
... of a public university. Cutler modeled Ohio University's charter after Yale University, his own alma mater. On January 8, 1802, the legislature of the Northwest Territory and Governor Arthur St. Clair approved the charter. Originally referred ...
... Georgia, Athens (UGA) January 25, 1915 DeKalb County grants a charter to Emory University January 25, 1915 DeKalb County grants a charter to Emory University January 21, 1940 Crawford Long Hospital, Atlanta, becomes part of Emory University ...