Contact  |  About us

Avila University

Avila University is a Catholic, four-year liberal arts and pre-professional institution located in Kansas City, Missouri.

The university’s history dates to 1916, when the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondlet founded a two-year institution for women, Saint Teresa College, on the St. Teresa's Academy campus in the Quality Hill area. In 1941, it became the four-year College of Saint Teresa and received full accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools in 1946.

In 1963, the college moved to its present location and was renamed Avila College. After six years, the institution became co-educational. By 2002, the college gained university status and became Avila University. It has grown to a comprehensive institution of higher learning, offering a broad range of studies, ranging from business to allied health and education.

The university comprises eight academic units: the School of Business, School of Education and Psychology, School of Professional Studies, School of Nursing, College of Humanities and Performing Arts, School of Visual and Communication Arts, School of Science and Health, and School of Social Science and Social Work. Undergraduate and graduate degrees, certificate, graduate certification, and professional programs are provided.

Avila is one of roughly 30 colleges and universities in the nation to offer a four-year degree in radiologic technology. Also, the only accredited bachelor’s degree in social work in Kansas City is awarded by the university.

Situated just minutes off an interstate highway network, the university campus features 14 buildings on 48 acres. Residence halls, a field house, library, theater, chapel, and a sports complex for baseball, softball and soccer are the facilities located on the campus. Hooley-Bundschu Library, on the upper level of the Whitfield Center, is an information resource for the university, with more than 70,000 books. It also provides access to an array of online databases through Avila's computer network.

Off-site search results for "Avila University"...

Ohio University
... of a public university. Cutler modeled Ohio University's charter after Yale University, his own alma mater. On January 8, 1802, the legislature of the Northwest Territory and Governor Arthur St. Clair approved the charter. Originally referred ...
http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=786

Emory University
... Georgia, Athens (UGA) January 25, 1915 DeKalb County grants a charter to Emory University January 25, 1915 DeKalb County grants a charter to Emory University January 21, 1940 Crawford Long Hospital, Atlanta, becomes part of Emory University ...
http://ourgeorgiahistory.com/chronpop/1000104

Ohio University
... map displayTitle --> Ohio University map Image Details Image Title » Ohio University map Source » Ohio Historical Society Artist » Jason Cannon This image is property of the Ohio Historical Society. If you would like to find out how you can ...
http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/image.php?rec=786&img=659

privacy policy