Established in 1972, Lenawee County Historical Museum is located in Adrian, Michigan.
It was opened as a joint venture between the Lenawee Historical Society and the Lenawee County Board of Commissioners. Initially, the museum was housed in a building donated by James Gerity Jr., an Adrian businessman. It was then moved to the former Adrian Library building, in 1979.
The Lenawee Historical Museum was moved to its present location, in 1980. It is housed in a castle-like Romanesque building listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The museum collects and preserves memorabilia of the history of Lenawee County, the cities and towns (Adrian, Tecumseh, Blissfield, Addison) within the county, and the State of Michigan.
The archives of the museum include Adrian City Directories 1859-1998, Adrian City Tax Records 1865-1906, Lenawee County Tax Records 1840-1915, school yearbooks, cemetery records, marriage/birth/death records, obituaries, scrapbooks, business ledgers, atlases and plat books, and Sanborn insurance maps. It also displays paintings, photographs, furniture, dolls, glassware, tools, and vehicles.