Kent-Delord House Museum

The Kent-Delord House Museum is a documented historic house located in Plattsburgh, New York. The Federal-style building was built before the incorporation of Plattsburgh as a village in 1815. It served as the home of three generations of the Delord family, who lived there during the period 1797 to 1913.

The Delords were community leaders involved in the Battle of Plattsburgh (War of 1812), the American Civil War, and the Women’s Christian Temperance Union movement.

The museum showcases the lives of the Kent, Delord, Webb, and Hall families of Plattsburgh. The collections are exhibited in nine rooms with period furnishings of the early 19th century.

The Apothecary Room has a cabinet with medicines and equipment used by Fanny Hall for treating poor patients. Fanny’s bag for home visits, inhalers, devices for electrical stimulation, a set of weight scales, and chemicals are displayed in the room.

The study features an 18th-century gate-leg gaming table in the foreground and a 19th century library table in the background. Canton china and Royal Crown Derby china grace the dining room.

The Gold Parlor is a formal room where a table is set up to serve tea for two.

Also, family portraits, American decorative art and period furniture, other artifacts, personal effects, books, and documents are displayed. The items related to War of 1812, Civil War and women’s issues of the late 19th century, are the prominent items on display.

The Federal-style garden was laid out according to an 1812 design. A colorful Victorian garden, antique roses, and a garden of herbs, are the other gardens on the premises.

The museum offers specialized tours and activities, in-school programs, living history presentations, and other curriculur support services.

Off-site search results for "Kent-Delord House Museum"...

Atwater Kent Museum
... Norman Rockwell's art is now housed here, with the close of the Norman Rockwell Museum. This was the site of the first weather bureau. Here, the first architectural classes in America were taught. This building was based on the design of the ...
http://www.ushistory.org/tour/tour_atwater.htm

State House Museum
... State House Museum CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS UNTIL DECEMBER 2006 The Delaware State House was the first permanent capitol building in Dover, Delaware. Begun in 1787 and completed by May 1792, this Georgian-style structure was originally home to ...
http://history.delaware.gov/museums/sh/sh_main.shtml

Mission Houses Museum Library
In 1950, the present building was completed to house the collections of the Hawaiian Mission Children's Society and the Hawaiian Historical Society. The library has continually expanded its collection, and today its resources include more than 12 ...
http://www.hawaiianhistory.org/mhmlib.html